Tuesday, October 5, 2010

…Family…


Most families I read are warm and caring or sometimes they are not close but you can count on them being there for you in times of need.  My family on the other hand is not so caring and loving as I wish would be.  We have drama like on the Jerry Springer show and no one seems to understand how to get along.
            My family is a crazy mix match of leaders which have total different perspectives on what is right and wrong.  We cannot work together as one even if our lives depending on it.  Much of this comes from two head of the households being my parents.  My parents are not a loving type of parents and they don’t communicate at all in order to bring a sense of peace within the household. 
            This has played a very important role on the up bringing of my sisters and brother.  We don’t always see eye to eye in many matters and keep to ourselves whenever possible.  As we got older I have noticed more of my sisters becoming more open with thoughts and feelings.  We talk a bit more and open up about things we never talked about long ago.  I believe we have grown and have let some of the past behind us and move onto a new future.  However, my brother is still very much rude and irate to me for reasons I don’t quite understand still.  We do not talk about a lot and just avoid each other. 
            As for my parents, well that’s just say they are my parents.  I’ve never had kind of closeness like I hear other people have of their parents.  I believe they ok parents but they are not dependable at all.  Its one thing to make a promise it’s another to keep it.
            One thing I have learned is not everyone is lucky to have parents that care and those who think they don’t have loving parents should view another’s life to see what no love is really like.  I know I don’t want to raise a family in the way I was raised.  I hope to bring lots of love and understanding with my family when ever that happens.  I know my blog sounds depressing but I wish I could of said positive things and happy things but that would be lying.  I do know I will learn from this and move on and just be open and love my family in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure when you start your family it will be filled will love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who share the same DNA as you aren't always the best people to include in your life. There are good people out there and I'm sure you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is more than just those who share your blood. I think that in many cases you can consider friends as family. I have many "brothers from another mother." In this way you can build your own family. One that is closer to who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard when our family does not meet our expectations. Sounds like you are figuring out what not to do in the future when you start your own family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your not the only springer family here... lol..

    ReplyDelete